Paranormal Activity 4
– Paranormal Activity 4 was released on October 19th, 2012.
– Runtime: 87 minutes.
– Produced by Blumhouse Productions.
– Joost and Schulman are the only directors to have directed two films in the Paranormal Activity series.
– Paranormal Activity 4 made $142.8 million on a $5 million dollar budget.
– The film did not perform as well at the box office as Paranormal Activity 2 and 3, earning only $4.8 million dollars during it’s midnight opening, making it the third highest grossing midnight horror movie, only behind it’s two predecessors.
– Paranormal Activity 4 stars Kathryn Newton as Alex, Matt Shively as Ben, Matt Shively as Ben, Aiden Lovekamp as Wyatt, Brady Allen as Robbie, Stephen Dunham as Doug, Alexondra Lee as Holly and Katie Featherston as Katie.
– Brady Allen‘s character, Robbie, was named after Robbie Mannheim, a child that in 1959 was alleged victim of an evil possession and he had a exorcism to save his life.
– Unfortunately Stephen Dunham died on his birthday, September 14, 2012 of a heart attack, shortly before the film was theatrically released.
– There is a dedication to Stephen at the end of the credits.
– Paranormal Activity 4 is a direct sequel to Paranormal Activity 2.
– When Robbie first arrives he brings with him a bag of items, including what seems to be a very special and very old fork. Fans have speculated this special fork is an important clue to the story line but according to the directors Brady Allen, who plays Robbie, was just ad libbing as many of the actors while filming Paranormal Activity.
– Paranormal Activity 4 introduces a new type of found footage to the series with the inclusion video from internet chat cams, Xbox Kinect, and smartphones.
– As with the previous three Paranormal Activity movies, Paramount Studios utilizes paranormal investigator/researcher, Christopher Chacon, (who is recognized as one of the world’s foremost authorities on paranormal phenomena), to internationally promote and publicize this fourth installment. Chacon also works in the entertainment industry as a writer, director and producer.
– Cineworld, a UK theater chain accidentally showed screenings of Paranormal Activity 4 instead of children’s film, Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted, traumatizing many of the kids in the theater.
– A post credits scene shows two Spanish speaking men entering a mysterious store only to run away when confronted by a scary old Mexican woman. This was intended as a set off for a spin-off of the series with Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones.
– Body Count: 4 (not counting Kristi and Daniel; it’s also debatable if Alex dies or not)