Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones
– Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones was released on January 3, 2014.
– Runtime: 84 minutes.
– Produced by Blumhouse Productions.
– Directed by Christopher Landon.
– Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones is Christopher Landon’s second feature film however he did write all three previous Paranormal Activity sequels, and The Marked Ones as well.
– The Marked Ones is a spin-off of the core Paranormal Activity films. It is the first film in the series to introduce a new set of characters totally unrelated to any from the previous films.
– Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones made $90.0 million on a $5 million dollar budget.
– The Marked Ones has the lowest box office opening weekend of the franchise.
– In real life, Andrew Jacobs, who plays Jesse, has several tattoos covering his neck, hands and arms, among others. The only scene where any of his tattoos are visible is the scene before the gangsters jump Jesse; when Jesse is kneeling at the vending machine you can see a tattoo above his right knee.
– Andrew Jacobs feature film debut.
– After Anna dies in her apartment there is a shot of Jesse standing in front of a mirror. If you look closely, you can see that Jesse’s reflection does not match what he is actually doing.
– Due to the longer production, filming didn’t wrap until late July 2013 resulting in the original release date of October 25, 2013 being pushed to January 3, 2014. Making it the only Paranormal Activity film to not be released in the month of October.
– In an effort to make the film as authentic as possible director, Christopher Landon toyed with the idea of making all the characters peak in Spanish. However the found footage nature of the film would make adding subtitles problematic so it was decided the main cast would speak English.
– Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones takes place 6 years after the events of the original Paranormal Activity (2007)
– The film features cameos from previous franchise actors Micah Sloat as Micah, Molly Ephraim as Ali Ray, Chloe Csengery as young Katie, Jessica Tyler Brown as young Kristi, and Hallie Foote as Grandma Lois.
– The cameo at the end featuring Micah is the end of the first film but from another point of view.
– Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones is the first film in the series to begin with the Paramount title card.
– Body Count: 7